Strategic Plan & Mission
Home › About GLERL ›
Information Technology Specialist
Open Period: Friday, June 19, 2015 to Thursday, June 25, 2015
U.S. Citizens and Nationals may apply.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs computer-related duties related to well-defined subject-matter applications.
- Implements and manages systems’ information and IT security controls of systems.
- Assist in planning, executing and completing the authorization and accreditation in compliance of the Federal Information Security Act.
- Monitors and mitigates security incidents or violations and ensures response mechanisms are in place.
- Establishes and implements IT Security vulnerability scanning, monitoring, testing and disaster/recovery planning and testing.
- Performs routine data backup including both complete automated and complete manual backups, as well as incremental, differential, and archive backups for key data sets.
SALARY RANGE: $52,613.00 to $68,393.00 / Per Year
SERIES AND GRADE: Friday, June 19, 2015 to Thursday, June 25, 2015
POSITION INFORMATION: GS-2210-09
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 12
Click here for more information and to apply on USAJOBS
Federal job opportunities are posted on most of the following web sites.
GLERL job opportunities may be found at these sites, when opportunities are available.
This site is the United States Government's official source of job and
employment information provided to the public at no cost.
U.S. Department of Commerce - Job and Career Opportunities
The Cooperative Institute for Limnology and Ecosystems Research (CILER) offers several different programs that support research opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students.
National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration's Employment Information Website
For more information, click here.
Great Lakes Information Network -
Jobs and Careers in the Great Lakes Region
IAGLR Job Board
THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER