Recent GLERL Publications:
(See also All GLERL Publications)
Note: Although not all publications are available via our website, electronic copies may be available. Contact the publications office at email@example.com.
- CLITES, A.H., J. WANG, and Z. Yang. Great Lakes Ice Cover Database Update: 1973 – 2015. Proceedings of the 23rd IAHR International Symposium on Ice (2016).
- GRONEWOLD, A.D., J. Bruxer, D. Durnford, A.H. CLITES, J.P. SMITH, F. Segleniecks, S.S. Qian, T.S. HUNTER, and V. Fortin. Hydrological drivers of record-setting water level rise on Earth's largest lake system. Water Resources Research 52(DOI:10.1002/2015WR018209) (2016). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/fulltext/2016/20160014.pdf
- Mason, L.A., C.M. Riseng, A.D. GRONEWOLD, E.S. RUTHERFORD, J. WANG, A.H. CLITES, S.D.P. Smith, and P.B. McIntyre. Fine-scale spatial variation in ice cover and surface temperature trends across the surface of the Laurentian Great Lakes. Climatic Change 138(1):71-83 (DOI:10.1007/s10584-016-1721-2) (2016). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/fulltext/2016/20160018.pdf
- SMITH, J.P., A.H. CLITES, C.A. STOW, T.S. HUNTER, A.D. GRONEWOLD, T. Slawecki, and G. MUHR. An expandable world wide web based platform for visually analyzing multiple data series related to the Laurentian Great Lakes. Environmental Modelling and Software 78:97 - 105 (DOI:0.1016/j.envsoft.2015.12.005) (2016). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/fulltext/2016/20160004.pdf
- WANG, J., X. BAI, Z. Yang, A.H. CLITES, and H. HU. Projection of Great Lakes seasonal ice cover using multi-variable regression models. Proceedings of the 23rd IAHR International Symposium on Ice (2016). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/fulltext/2016/20160023.pdf
- BAI, X., J. WANG, J. Austin, D.J. SCHWAB, R.A. ASSEL, A.H. CLITES, J.F. BRATTON, M.C. COLTON, J. Lenters, B.M. LOFGREN, T. Wohlleben, S. Helfrich, H.A. VANDERPLOEG, L. LUO, and G.A. LESHKEVICH. A record-breaking low ice cover over the Great Lakes during winter 2011/2012: Combined effects of a strong positive NAO and La Nina. Climate Dynamics 44(5-6):1187-1213 (DOI:10.1007/s00382-014-2225-2) (2015).
- GRONEWOLD, A.D., A.H. CLITES, J. Bruxer, K.A. Kompoltowicz, J.P. SMITH, T.S. HUNTER, and C. Wong. Water levels surge on the Great Lakes. Eos 96(6):7 pp. (DOI:10.1029/2015EO026023) (2015). https://eos.org/project-updates/water-levels-surge-on-great-lakes
- GRONEWOLD, A.D., A.H. CLITES, and L. Rear-McLaughlin. Great Lakes water levels: Monitoring change in Earth's largest surface freshwater system. In Clear Waters. New York Water Environment Association, Inc., Syracuse, NY, 16-18 pp. (2015). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/fulltext/2015/20150036.pdf
- HUNTER, T.S., A.H. CLITES, A.D. GRONEWOLD, and K.B. CAMPBELL. Development and application of a North American Great Lakes hydrometeorological database - Part I: Precipitation, evaporation, runoff, and air temperature. Journal of Great Lakes Research 41(1):65-77 (DOI:10.1016/j.jglr.2014.4.12.006) (2015). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/fulltext/2015/20150006.pdf
- FRY, L.M., A.D. GRONEWOLD, V. Fortin, S. Buan, A.H. CLITES, C. Luukkonen, D. Hotsschlag, D. L., T.S. HUNTER, F. Seglenieks, D. Durnford, M. Dimitrijevic, C. Subich, E. Klyszejko, K. KEA, and P. Restrepo. The Great Lakes Runoff Intercomparison Project, Phase 1: Lake Michigan (GRIP-M). Journal of Hydrology 519(Part D):3448-3465 (DOI:10.1016/j.jhydrol.2014.07.021) (2014).
* denotes speaker
- CHU, P., E.J. ANDERSON, B.M. LOFGREN, A.D. GRONEWOLD, J. WANG, C.A. STOW, G.A. LANG, T. HUNTER, and A. CLITES. Towards an Integrated Environmental Modeling System for the Great Lakes. IAGLR 1027, Detroit, MI, May 15-19, 2017 (2017).
- Quinn, F.H., A. CLITES, and A.D. GRONEWOLD. Reconciling Discontinuity of Temporal Flow Measurements for the Detroit River. IAGLR 2017, 60th Annual Conference on Great Lakes Research, Detroit, MI, May 15-19. 2017 (2017).
- WANG, J., J.A. KESSLER, H. HU, A. FUJISAKI-MANOME, A. CLITES, B.M. LOFGREN, and P. CHU. Seasonal forecast of Great Lakes ice cover using multi-variable regression and FVCOM+ice models. IAGLR 2017, 60th Annual Conference on Great Lakes Research, Detroit, MI, May 15-19, 2017 (2017).
- CLITES, A.H. Great Lakes Ice Cover. CILER Superior Challenge, University of Michigan, SNRE, May 17, 2016 (2016).
- CLITES, A.H., J. WANG, and Z. YANG. Great Lakes Ice Cover Database Update: 1973 – 2015. The 23rd IAHR International Symposium on Ice, Ann Arbor, MI, June 1, 2016. IAHR (2016).
- WANG, J., X. BAI, Y. YANG, A.H. CLITES, H. HU, and P.Y. CHU. Projection of Great Lakes Seasonal Ice Cover using Multi-Variable Regression Models. The 23rd IAHR International Symposium on Ice, Ann Arbor, MI, May 31 - June 3, 2016 (2016).