Recent GLERL Publications:
(See also All GLERL Publications)
Note: Although not all publications are available via our website, electronic copies may be available. Contact the publications office at email@example.com.
- ROWE, M.D., E.J. ANDERSON, T.T. Wynne, R.P. Stumpf, D.L. FANSLOW, K. Kijanka, H.A. VANDERPLOEG, J.R. Strickler, and T.W. DAVIS. Vertical distribution of buoyant Microcystis blooms in a Lagrangian particle tracking model for short-term forecasts in Lake Erie. Journal of Geophysical Research 121(7):5296-5314 (DOI:10.1002/2016JC011720) (2016). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/fulltext/2016/20160026.pdf
- NALEPA, T.F., D.L. FANSLOW, G.A. LANG, K. MABREY, and M. ROWE. Lake-wide benthic surveys in Lake Michigan in 1994-95, 2000, 2005, and 2010: Abundances of the amphipod Diporeia spp. and abundances and biomass of the mussels Dreissena polymorpha and Dreissena rostriformis bugensis. NOAA Technical Memorandum GLERL-164. NOAA, Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory, Ann Arbor, MI, 21 pp. (2014). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/tech_reports/glerl-164/tm-164.pdf
* denotes speaker
- Ming, T., H.A. VANDERPLOEG, M.D. ROWE, D.L. FANSLOW, J.R. Strickler, R.J. MILLER, T.H. JOHENGEN, T.W. DAVIS, and D.C. GOSSIAUX. Effect of light exposure and nutrients on buoyancy of Microcystis colonies (poster). IAGLR 2017, 60th Annual Conference on Great Lakes Research, Detroit, MI, May 15-19, 2017 (2017).
- ROWE, M.D., E.J. *ANDERSON, T.T. Wynne, R.P. Stumpf, D. FANSLOW, K. Kijanka, H.A. VANDERPLOEG, and T.W. DAVIS. Simulation of advection and vertical distribution of buoyant cyanobacterial colonies in Lake Erie with a Lagrangian particle model for short-term forecasts of harmful algal blooms. 2016 Ocean Sciences Meeting, New Orleans, LA, February 21-26, 2016. AGU, ASLO, TOS (2016).
- ROWE, M.D., E.J. ANDERSON, T.T. Wynne, R.P. Stumpf, D. FANSLOW, and H.A. VANDERPLOEG. Simulation of the vertical distribution of buoyant Microcystis colonies in an FVCOM offline Lagrangian particle model for short-term forecasts of harmful algal blooms in Lake Erie. FVCOM User’s Workshop, Nova Scotia, Canada, October 20-22, 2015 (2016).