Recent GLERL Publications:
(See also All GLERL Publications)
Note: Although not all publications are available via our website, electronic copies may be available. Contact the publications office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gaborit, E., V. Fortin, A. Xu, F. Seglenieks, B. Tolson, L.M. Fry, T.S. HUNTER, F. Anctil, and A.D. GRONEWOLD. A Hydrological Prediction System Based on the SVS Land–Surface Scheme: Implementation and Evaluation of the GEM-Hydro platform on the watershed of Lake Ontario. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences (DOI:10.5194/hess-2016-508) (2017). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/fulltext/2017/20170027.pdf
- Gaborit, E., V. Fortin, B. Tolson, L.M. FRY, T.S. HUNTER, and A.D. GRONEWOLD. Great Lakes Runoff Inter-comparison Project, phase 2: Lake Ontario (GRIP-O). Journal of Great Lakes Research 43(2):217-227 (DOI:10.1016/j.jglr.2016.10.004) (2017).
- Luo, L., J. WANG, T.S. HUNTER, D. Wang, and H.A. VANDERPLOEG. Modeling spring-summer phytoplankton bloom in Lake Michigan with and without riverine nutrient loading. Ocean Dynamics:1-14 (DOI:10.1007/s1023) (2017). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/fulltext/2017/20170023.pdf
- GRONEWOLD, A.D., J. Bruxer, D. Durnford, A.H. CLITES, J.P. SMITH, F. Segleniecks, S.S. Qian, T.S. HUNTER, and V. Fortin. Hydrological drivers of record-setting water level rise on Earth's largest lake system. Water Resources Research 52(DOI:10.1002/2015WR018209) (2016). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/fulltext/2016/20160014.pdf
- SMITH, J.P., A.H. CLITES, C.A. STOW, T.S. HUNTER, A.D. GRONEWOLD, T. Slawecki, and G. MUHR. An expandable world wide web based platform for visually analyzing multiple data series related to the Laurentian Great Lakes. Environmental Modelling and Software 78:97 - 105 (DOI:0.1016/j.envsoft.2015.12.005) (2016). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/fulltext/2016/20160004.pdf
- GRONEWOLD, A.D., E.J. ANDERSON, B.M. LOFGREN, P.D. Blanken, J. WANG, J.P. SMITH, T.S. HUNTER, G.A. LANG, C.A. STOW, D. BELETSKY, and J.F. BRATTON. Impacts of extreme 2013-2014 winter conditions on Lake Michigan's fall heat content, surface temperature, and evaporation. Geophysical Research Letters 42:7 pp. (DOI:10.1002/2015GL063799) (2015).
- GRONEWOLD, A.D., A.H. CLITES, J. Bruxer, K.A. Kompoltowicz, J.P. SMITH, T.S. HUNTER, and C. Wong. Water levels surge on the Great Lakes. Eos 96(6):7 pp. (DOI:10.1029/2015EO026023) (2015). https://eos.org/project-updates/water-levels-surge-on-great-lakes
- HUNTER, T.S., A.H. CLITES, A.D. GRONEWOLD, and K.B. CAMPBELL. Development and application of a North American Great Lakes hydrometeorological database - Part I: Precipitation, evaporation, runoff, and air temperature. Journal of Great Lakes Research 41(1):65-77 (DOI:10.1016/j.jglr.2014.4.12.006) (2015). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/fulltext/2015/20150006.pdf
- FRY, L.M., A.D. GRONEWOLD, V. Fortin, S. Buan, A.H. CLITES, C. Luukkonen, D. Hotsschlag, D. L., T.S. HUNTER, F. Seglenieks, D. Durnford, M. Dimitrijevic, C. Subich, E. Klyszejko, K. KEA, and P. Restrepo. The Great Lakes Runoff Intercomparison Project, Phase 1: Lake Michigan (GRIP-M). Journal of Hydrology 519(Part D):3448-3465 (DOI:10.1016/j.jhydrol.2014.07.021) (2014).
* denotes speaker
- ANDERSON, E.J., A.D. GRONEWOLD, L. PEI, C. XIAO, L. FITZPATRICK, B.M. LOFGREN, P. CHU, T. HUNTER, D.J. Gochis, K. Sampson, and A. Dugger. Linking Hydrologic and Coastal Hydrodynamic Models in the Great Lakes. 97th Annual Meeting American Meteorological Society, Seattle, WA, February 24 (2017).
- Channel, K., A.D. GRONEWOLD, C. XIAO, B.M. LOFGREN, T. HUNTER, and R. Rood. Variability of Great Lakes water levels due to bias correction of climate model projections. 2017 Michigan Geophysical Union, Ann Arbor, MI, April 2017 (2017).
- Channell, K.E., A.D. GRONEWOLD, R.B. Rood, C. XIAO, B.M. LOFGREN, and T. HUNTER. Sensitivity of Hydrologic Response to Climate Model Debiasing Procedures. 2017 AGU Fall Meeting, New Orleans, La., December 11-15, 2017 (2017).
- Channell, K.E., A.D. GRONEWOLD, C. XIAO, R.B. Rood, B.M. LOFGREN, and T. HUNTER. Implications of Climate Model Debiasing Methods on Lake Level Projections (poster). IAGLR 2017, 60th Annual Conference on Great Lakes Research, Detroit, MI, May 15-19, 2017 (2017).
- CHU, P., E.J. ANDERSON, B.M. LOFGREN, A.D. GRONEWOLD, J. WANG, C.A. STOW, G.A. LANG, T. HUNTER, and A. CLITES. Towards an Integrated Environmental Modeling System for the Great Lakes. IAGLR 1027, Detroit, MI, May 15-19, 2017 (2017).
- FRY, L.M., A.D. GRONEWOLD, T. HUNTER, L. PEI, J.P. SMITH, H.M. LUCIER, and R. MUELLER. Assessment of a new seasonal to inter-annual operational Great Lakes water supply, water levels, and connecting channel flow forecasting system. 2017 AGU Fall Meeting, New Orleans, La., December 11-15, 2017 (2017).
- PEI, L., A.D. GRONEWOLD, T. HUNTER, and R.A. BOLINGER. Regional hydrological response from statistically downscaled future climate projections in the 21st century. AMS 2017, Seattle, WA, January 2017 (2017).
- PEI, L., T. HUNTER, R.A. BOLINGER, and A.D. GRONEWOLD. Applying Climate Change Projections in Great Lakes Regional Water Management Decisions. IAGLR 2017, 60th Annual Conference on Great Lakes Research, Detroit, MI, May 15-19, 2017 (2017).
- *Charusombat, U., B.M. LOFGREN, A.D. GRONEWOLD, T. HUNTER, E.J. ANDERSON, J.D. Lenters, C. Spence, P.D. Blanken, and A.F. MANOME. Validation of lake evaporation in NOAA-GLERL's physical models. 59th Annual Conference on Great Lakes Research, Guelph, Ontariot, June 6 - 10, 2016 (2016).
- SMITH, J.P., T.S. HUNTER, T.A. Slawecki, and S.A. RUBERG. Tools of the data Smithe's trade. 59th Annual Conference on Great Lakes Research (IAGLR2016), Guelph, Ontario, June 6-10, 2016. IAGLR (2016).
- *Gaborit, E., V. Fortin, B. Tolson, L.M. Fry, T.S. HUNTER, and A.D. GRONEWOLD. The Great Lakes Runoff Intercomparison Project (GRIP): Phase II - Lake Ontario (poster). American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA, December 14-18, 2015. AGU (2015).
- Ivan, L., E.S. *RUTHERFORD, H. ZHANG, D.M. MASON, T.S. HUNTER, and T. Hoff. Individual-based model analysis of potential for Asian carps to establish and impact Great lakes food webs. 2nd Annual MYRIBS conference, Institute for Hydrobiology, Wuhan, China, October 14, 2015 (2015).