Recent GLERL Publications:
(See also All GLERL Publications)
Note: Although not all publications are available via our website, electronic copies may be available. Contact the publications office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kelley, J.G.W., Y. Chen, E.J. ANDERSON, G.A. LANG, and J. Xu. Upgrade of NOS Lake Erie Operational Forecast System (LEOFS) to FVCOM: Model Development and Hindcast Skill Assessment. NOAA Technical Memorandum NOS CS 40. NOAA Office of Coast Survey,, Silver Spring, MD, 92 pp. (2018). https://repository.library.noaa.gov/view/noaa/17253
- Nalepa, T.F., C.M. Riseng, A.K. ELGIN, and G.A. LANG. Abundance and Distribution of Benthic Macroinvertebrates in the Lake Huron System: Saginaw Bay, 2006-2009, and Lake Huron, including Georgian Bay and North Channel, 2007 and 2012. NOAA Technical Memorandum GLERL-172. NOAA, Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory, Ann Arbor, MI, 54 pp. (DOI:10.25923/aqe2-ma69) (2018). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/tech_reports/glerl-172/tm-172.pdf
- VANDERPLOEG, H.A., S.A. POTHOVEN, D.M. Krueger, D.M. MASON, J.R. LIEBIG, J.F. CAVALETTO, S.A. RUBERG, G.A. LANG, and R. Ptacnikova. Spatial and predatory interactions of visually preying nonindigenous zooplankton and fish in Lake Michigan during midsummer. Journal of Great Lakes Research 41(Supplement 3):125-142 (DOI:10.1016/j.jglr.2015.10.005) (2015).
* denotes speaker
- ANDERSON, E.J., A. FUJISAKI-MANOME, J.A. KESSLER, P. CHU, J.G.W. Kelley, Y. CHEN, G.A. LANG, and J. WANG. Ice Forecasting in the Next-Generation Great Lakes Operational Forecast System (GLOFS). ECM15, 2018, 15th Estuarine and Coastal Modeling Conference, Seattle, Wash., June 25-27, 2018 (2018).
- CAVALETTO, J.F., H.A. VANDERPLOEG, E.S. RUTHERFORD, D. WELLS, P. GLYSHAW, D. FANSLOW, and G.A. LANG. Spatio-Temporal Organization of the Pelagic Food Web in Northern and Central Lake Huron in 2017. IAGLR 2018, 61st Conference on Great Lakes Research, Toronto, ON, Canada, June 18-22 (2018).
- KESSLER, J.A., A. FUJISAKI-MANOME, E.J. ANDERSON, G.A. LANG, J. WANG, and P. CHU. High resolution coupled lake-ice modeling of Lakes Michigan, Huron, Erie American Geophysical Union Ocean Sciences Meeting, Portland, OR, February 11-18, 2018 (2018).
- ROWE, M.D., E.J. ANDERSON, G.A. LANG, S.A. RUBERG, S. Moegling, E.M. Verhamme, D. BELETSKY, H. ZHANG, and T.H. JOHENGEN. Development of a Hypoxia Forecast Model for Lake Erie: Retrospective Analysis of the First Season IAGLR 2018, 61st Conference on Great Lakes Research, Toronto, ON, Canada, June 18-22 (2018).
- VANDERPLOEG, H.A., E.S. RUTHERFORD, J.F. CAVALETTO, H. Carrick, V.J. Denef, G.A. LANG, D.M. MASON, S.A. POTHOVEN, D. WELLS, and P. GLYSHAW. Fine-Scale Organization of the Pelagic Food Web in Southern Lake Michigan: Does it Matter? State of Lake Michigan Meeting,, Green Bay, Wisconsin, November 7-10 (2017).
- ANDERSON, E.J., G.A. LANG, P. CHU, A. FUJISAKI-MANOME, and J. WANG. Development of the Next-Generation Lake Michigan-Huron Operational Forecast System (LMHOFS). IAGLR 2017, 60th Annual Conference on Great Lakes Research, Detroit, MI, May 15-19, 2017 (2017).
- ANDERSON, E.J., M.D. ROWE, J. Xu, A. Zhang, G.A. LANG, J.G.W. Kelley, and R.P. Stumpf. Using the Next-Generation Great Lakes Operational Forecasting System (GLOFS) to Predict Harmful Algal Bloom (HAB) Transport with the HAB Tracker. 97th Annual Meeting American Meteorological Society, Seattle, WA, February 26 (2017).
- CHU, P., E.J. ANDERSON, G.A. LANG, J.G.W. Kelley, E. Myers, A. Zhang, J. Xu, and Y. Chen. What Does It Take to Transition Six Forecasting Systems into Operations in Ten Years? — Lessons Learned, Myths and Facts. 97th Annual Meeting American Meteorological Society, Seattle, WA, February 25 (2017).
- CHU, P., E.J. ANDERSON, B.M. LOFGREN, A.D. GRONEWOLD, J. WANG, C.A. STOW, G.A. LANG, T. HUNTER, and A. CLITES. Towards an Integrated Environmental Modeling System for the Great Lakes. IAGLR 1027, Detroit, MI, May 15-19, 2017 (2017).
- XUE, P., P. CHU, X. YE, and G.A. LANG. Improve Lake Erie Thermal Structure Predictions using Data Assimilative Hydrodynamic Model. IAGLR 2017, 60th Annual Conference on Great Lakes Research, Detroit, MI, May 15-19, 2017 (2017).