Recent GLERL Publications:
(See also All GLERL Publications)
Note: Although not all publications are available via our website, electronic copies may be available. Contact the publications office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VANDERPLOEG, H.A., S.A. POTHOVEN, D.M. Krueger, D.M. MASON, J.R. LIEBIG, J.F. CAVALETTO, S.A. RUBERG, G.A. LANG, and R. Ptacnikova. Spatial and predatory interactions of visually preying nonindigenous zooplankton and fish in Lake Michigan during midsummer. Journal of Great Lakes Research 41(Supplement 3):125-142 (DOI:10.1016/j.jglr.2015.10.005) (2015).
- GRONEWOLD, A.D., E.J. ANDERSON, B.M. LOFGREN, P.D. Blanken, J. WANG, J.P. SMITH, T.S. HUNTER, G.A. LANG, C.A. STOW, D. BELETSKY, and J.F. BRATTON. Impacts of extreme 2013-2014 winter conditions on Lake Michigan's fall heat content, surface temperature, and evaporation. Geophysical Research Letters 42:7 pp. (DOI:10.1002/2015GL063799) (2015).
- Alves, J.H., A. Chawla, H.L. Tolman, D.J. SCHWAB, G.A. LANG, and G. Mann. The operational implementation of a Great Lakes wave forecasting system at NOAA/NCEP. Weather and Forecasting 29(6):1473-1497 (DOI:10.1175/WAF-D-12-00049.1) (2014). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/fulltext/2014/20140069.pdf
- NALEPA, T.F., D.L. FANSLOW, G.A. LANG, K. MABREY, and M. ROWE. Lake-wide benthic surveys in Lake Michigan in 1994-95, 2000, 2005, and 2010: Abundances of the amphipod Diporeia spp. and abundances and biomass of the mussels Dreissena polymorpha and Dreissena rostriformis bugensis. NOAA Technical Memorandum GLERL-164. NOAA, Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory, Ann Arbor, MI, 21 pp. (2014). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/tech_reports/glerl-164/tm-164.pdf
* denotes speaker
- KESSLER, J.A., A. FUJISAKI-MANOME, E.J. ANDERSON, G.A. LANG, J. WANG, and P. CHU. High resolution coupled lake-ice modeling of Lakes Michigan, Huron, Erie American Geophysical Union Ocean Sciences Meeting, Portland, OR, February 11-18, 2018 (2018).
- VANDERPLOEG, H.A., E.S. RUTHERFORD, J.F. CAVALETTO, H. Carrick, V.J. Denef, G.A. LANG, D.M. MASON, S.A. POTHOVEN, D. WELLS, and P. GLYSHAW. Fine-Scale Organization of the Pelagic Food Web in Southern Lake Michigan: Does it Matter? State of Lake Michigan Meeting,, Green Bay, Wisconsin, November 7-10 (2017).
- ANDERSON, E.J., G.A. LANG, P. CHU, A. FUJISAKI-MANOME, and J. WANG. Development of the Next-Generation Lake Michigan-Huron Operational Forecast System (LMHOFS). IAGLR 2017, 60th Annual Conference on Great Lakes Research, Detroit, MI, May 15-19, 2017 (2017).
- ANDERSON, E.J., M.D. ROWE, J. Xu, A. Zhang, G.A. LANG, J.G.W. Kelley, and R.P. Stumpf. Using the Next-Generation Great Lakes Operational Forecasting System (GLOFS) to Predict Harmful Algal Bloom (HAB) Transport with the HAB Tracker. 97th Annual Meeting American Meteorological Society, Seattle, WA, February 26 (2017).
- CHU, P., E.J. ANDERSON, G.A. LANG, J.G.W. Kelley, E. Myers, A. Zhang, J. Xu, and Y. Chen. What Does It Take to Transition Six Forecasting Systems into Operations in Ten Years? — Lessons Learned, Myths and Facts. 97th Annual Meeting American Meteorological Society, Seattle, WA, February 25 (2017).
- CHU, P., E.J. ANDERSON, B.M. LOFGREN, A.D. GRONEWOLD, J. WANG, C.A. STOW, G.A. LANG, T. HUNTER, and A. CLITES. Towards an Integrated Environmental Modeling System for the Great Lakes. IAGLR 1027, Detroit, MI, May 15-19, 2017 (2017).
- XUE, P., P. CHU, X. YE, and G.A. LANG. Improve Lake Erie Thermal Structure Predictions using Data Assimilative Hydrodynamic Model. IAGLR 2017, 60th Annual Conference on Great Lakes Research, Detroit, MI, May 15-19, 2017 (2017).
- *ANDERSON, E.J., A.J. Bechle, G.A. LANG, C.H. Wu, G.E. Mann, D.J. SCHWAB, and K.A. Lombardy. Meteotsunamis in the Great Lakes and Investigation into Recent Events on Lake Erie and Lake Superior. 2016 Ocean Sciences Meeting, New Orleans, LA, February 21-26, 2016. AGU, ASLO, TOS (2016).
- Xu, J., A. Zhang, E.J. *ANDERSON, G.A. *LANG, and J.G.W. Kelley. The Upgraded Lake Erie Operational Forecast System (LEOFS). 2016 Ocean Sciences Meeting, New Orleans, LA, Feb 21-26, 2016. AGU, ASLO, and TOS (2016).
- Xu, J., A. Zhang, E.J. *ANDERSON, G.A. *LANG, and J.G.W. Kelley. Upgrade of NOAA’s Lake Erie Operational Forecast System (LEOFS). Coastal and Estuarine Research Federation Conference, Portland, OR., Nov 8-12, 2015 (2015).