Recent GLERL Publications:
(See also All GLERL Publications)
Note: Although not all publications are available via our website, electronic copies may be available. Contact the publications office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Foley, C.J., S.R. Andree, S.A. POTHOVEN, T.F. NALEPA, and T.O. Hook. Quantifying the predatory effect of round goby on Saginaw Bay dreissenids. Journal of Great Lakes Research 43(1):121-131 (DOI:10.1016/j.jglr.2016.10.018) (2017). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/fulltext/2017/20170002.pdf
- POTHOVEN, S.A., G.L. Fahnenstiel, H.A. VANDERPLOEG, and T.F. NALEPA. Changes in water quality variables at a mid-depth site after proliferation of dreissenid mussels in southeastern Lake Michigan. Fundamental and Applied Limnology 188(3):233-244 (DOI:10.1127/fal/2016/0883) (2016).
- Foley, C.J., G.J. Bowen, T.F. NALEPA, M.S. Sepulveda, and T.O. Hook. Stable isotope patterns of benthic organisms from the Great Lakes region indicate variable dietary overlap of Diporeia spp. and dreissenid mussels. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 71:1784-1795 (DOI:10.1139/cjfas-2013-0620) (2014). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/fulltext/2014/20140050.pdf
- NALEPA, T.F. Relative comparison and perspective on invasive species in the Laurentian and Swedish Great Lakes. Aquatic Ecosystem Health and Management 17(4):394-403 (DOI:10.1080/14634988.2014.972494) (2014).
- NALEPA, T.F., D.L. FANSLOW, G.A. LANG, K. MABREY, and M. ROWE. Lake-wide benthic surveys in Lake Michigan in 1994-95, 2000, 2005, and 2010: Abundances of the amphipod Diporeia spp. and abundances and biomass of the mussels Dreissena polymorpha and Dreissena rostriformis bugensis. NOAA Technical Memorandum GLERL-164. NOAA, Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory, Ann Arbor, MI, 21 pp. (2014). https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/tech_reports/glerl-164/tm-164.pdf
* denotes speaker
- ELGIN, A.K., L.E. Burlakova, A.Y. Karatayev, K. Mehler, and T.F. NALEPA. Quagga Mussel Body Condition and Size Distribution Inform Recent Lake Michigan Population Trends. IAGLR 2017, 60th Annual Conference on Great Lakes Research, Detroit, MI, May 15-19, 2017 (2017).
- KARATAYEV, A.Y., L.E. Burlakova, K. Mehler, V.A. Karatayev, T.F. NALEPA, A.K. ELGIN, and E.K. Hinchey. Underwater Video is an Effective Tool to Reveal Dreissena Spatial Distribution and Biomass. ASLO, Honolulu, HI, February 26-March 3 (2017).
- *Karatayev, A., L.E. Burlakova, K. Mehler, V.A. Karatayev, T.F. NALEPA, A.K. BALDRIDGE, and E.K. Hinchey. Underwater Video is an Effective Tool to Reveal Dreissena Spatial Distribution and Biomass. 59th Annual Conference on Great Lakes Research (IAGLR2016), Guelph, Ontario, June 6-10, 2016. IAGLR (2016).
- NALEPA, T.F., A.K. BALDRIDGE, P.W. *GLYSHAW, L.G. Rudstam, and B.C. Weidel. Trends in the Benthic Macroinvertebrate Community in Lake Ontario Through 2013. 59th Annual Conference on Great Lakes Research (IAGLR2016), Guelph, Ontario, June 6-10, 2016. IAGLR (2016).
- VANDERPLOEG, H.A., J.F. CAVALETTO, A.K. BALDRIDGE, L. Burlakova, H. Carrick, D. Karatayev, D.M. MASON, T.F. NALEPA, S.A. POTHOVEN, M.D. ROWE, and E.S. RUTHERFORD. Spatial organization of pelagic and benthic food webs in southern Lake Michigan in 2015. 59th Annual Conference on Great Lakes Research (IAGLR2016), Guelph, Ontario, June 6-10, 2016. IAGLR (2016).