Additional GLANSIS Resources
Please note: some of the links presented below are external to NOAA-GLERL
GLANSIS on Twitter
Glossary: Includes definitions for the
used throughout the GLANSIS database.
- Peer-Reviewed Publications
- Lower, E., R. Sturtevant and D. Gill. 2020. Sharing Feedback, Sharing Screens: Videoconferencing as a Tool for Stakeholder-Driven Web Design. Journal of Extension 58(3)
- Lower, E.; Sturtevant, R.; Iott, S.; Martinez, F.; Rutherford, E.; Mason, D.; and Elgin, A. 202x. The Great Lakes’ Most Unwanted: Characterizing the Impacts and Traits of the Top Great Lakes Invasive Species. Aquat. Invasions [submitted].
- Sturtevant, R., E. Lower, A. Bartos, and A. Elgin. 2021. A Review and Secondary Analysis of Competition-Related Impacts of Nonindigenous Aquatic Plants in the Laurentian Great Lakes. Plants 10(2)406 https://doi.org/10.3390/plants10020406
Sturtevant, R.A., D.M. Mason, E.S. Rutherford, A.K. Elgin, E.K. Lower, and F.A. Martinez. 2019.
Recent history of nonindigenous species in the Laurentian Great Lakes;
An update to Mills et al., 1993 (25 years later).
Journal of Great Lakes Research 45(6):1011-1035 (DOI:0.1016/j.jglr.2019.09.002).
JP, EK Lower, FA Martinez, CM Riseng, LA Mason, ES Rutherford, M
Neilson, P Fuller, KW Wehrly, and RA Sturtevant. 2019. Interactive
mapping of nonindigenous species in the Laurentian Great Lakes.
of Biological Invasions 10(1): 192-199.
Kocovsky, P.M., R. Sturtevant and J. Schardt. 2018. What it is to be established:
policy and management implications for non-native and invasive species. Management
of Biological Invasions 9(3): 177–185.
AD, AJ Fusaro, RA Sturtevant and DR Kashian. 2017. Development of a
risk assessment framework to predict invasive species establishment
for multiple taxonomic groups and vectors of introduction.
Management of Biological Invasions 8(1)25-36.
- Other NOAA Reports
to Other Agency Reports
- GLANSIS technical memos add new data to invasive species risk assessments, September 9, 2020
- Journal of Extension article highlights how videoconferencing can be used for stakeholder-driven design, August 26, 2020
- State of the Great Lakes 2019: New assessment report identifies challenges, trends, July 10, 2020
- Alien language: Using controlled vocabulary to talk about invasive species, April 26, 2020
GLANSIS invades social media to spread word on non-native species, March 16, 2020
A recent history of Great Lakes nonindigenous species, December 5, 2019
GLANSIS risk explorer evaluates the potential for Great Lakes biological invasions, December 4, 2019
Great Lakes Water Life database documents biodiversity of Great Lakes native species, August 19, 2019
Stakeholder engagement inspires a new design for GLANSIS database
A ‘one-stop shop’ for information on aquatic invaders
provides a diverse toolkit for the fight against aquatic invaders
GLANSIS Map Explorer: Tracking Great Lakes invaders
Language: Understanding terminology about nonindigenous species
Language: Stages of invasion
In The News